Real Estate Law
Ulwelling | Siddiqui LLP's attorneys serve as counsel to several well-known real estate brokers in California, and frequently lecture to groups of real estate professionals. We emphasize the importance of attorney involvement in the early phases of a transaction, particularly during the due diligence and contract formation stages, as a means of anticipating and preventing legal complications.
Our clients are engaged in brokering, buying, selling, managing and leasing commercial and residential real estate. They include real estate investors, businesses acquiring property for their own use, brokers and agents, property managers, buyers and sellers, and landlords and tenants. Our firm also works with trustees engaged in acquisition of property, including large institutional banking and trust groups.
Our lawyers develop and execute strategies to effectively resolve a wide variety of real estate matters. Our attorneys are experienced in the following areas:
- Due diligence
- Entity formation
- Earnest money deposits
- Tax-deferred exchanges
- Zoning and land use
- Breach of agreement
- Noise and nuisance
- Specific performance
- Adverse possession
- Unlawful detainer
- Loans and security instruments
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- Environmental considerations
- Commercial or industrial lease disputes
- Contract and lease review, negotiation and drafting
- Identification and retention of appropriate third-party consultants
- Disputes over boundaries, easements, encroachments, and rights of way
- Construction defects, mechanic's liens, and contractor disputes
- Mediation, arbitration and other forms of dispute resolution
Please contact us for more information.